Friday, July 25, 2008

Sea Life Park

So a few weeks ago I went to Sea Life Park, which is like a smaller, local version of Sea World. I didn't have terribly high expectations, but I had never been, I drive by it a lot, and let's face it: I'm rapidly running out of options on my 'things that I haven't done yet on Oahu' list.

It was...fine. I can totally see taking a small child with a limited attention span there, but I kind of felt like I had seen everything I needed to see in about 25 minutes. That includes the 10 minutes I watched the dolphins and the 9 minutes I watched the monk seals. It was also wicked hot that day.

Several honu in this pool. You're allowed to feed them (if you buy preapproved honu food).


One of the monk seals. I will say this - as you can see (I hope) from the picture, you're practically on the beach, this place is so close to the water. It was breezy and pretty.

He's not dead, I swear; it just looks that way. He had just moved prior to the picture.


Actually, one of the things I liked most was that there were tons of hang gliders out over the cliffs that day. I spent an inordinate time watching them. Maybe that will be the next thing to check off from my 'things to do on Oahu' list.

No comments: