I had a lovely three-day weekend during which I didn't work a lick. Friday - the day spent at the beach and a Friday Night Lights-a-thon that night (people, are you watching this yet?). The season started a month ago and I hadn't watched any of it yet, so I caught four episodes between Friday and Saturday. Saturday morning, I did what I call 'gardening.' My attention has been drawn, however, to the fact that most people think that means 'planting.' For me, it meant general clean-up and pulling the plants from the ground that have died because I don't water enough. Still, it looks better, so maybe the next step will be to actually plant something. I also cleaned my house, watched part of game 3, then got bored with the lopsided game and went to a movie. I saw Lars and the Real Girl (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809775083/info), a film that I thought was lovely, but can see how it's certainly not everyone's taste.
More walking along the water this morning, baseball right now (I am not nearly as compelled this time around as I was in 2004. Is it because they already won a World Series? Because Wake's not even on the roster? Because the Sox had to go through the Tribe to get there? Because McCarver makes me want to beat my head against the wall? Because it doesn't feel like post-season baseball when it's 85 degrees out? I have no idea).
Tennis starts tomorrow night. I intended to at least take some serves or something before then so I don't humiliate myself (I haven't played since Rob and I last hit - fall 2006, maybe?). Yeah, that never happened. Bummer.
The newly cleaned and improved garden.

Gecko inspecting his newly renovated home.
No comments:
Post a Comment